Men's Tennis Rebounds to Defeat UNO, 4-0
Communications Graduate Assistant
BATON ROUGE — After falling to Tennessee in heartbreaking fashion, 4-3, early Saturday, the LSU men’s tennis team rebounded to defeat UNO, 4-0, Saturday evening at the LSU Tennis Complex.
With the win, LSU improves to 10-15 on the season. UNO drops to 7-11 on the season.
Coach Brown on the Match
“It was tough after having played a very tight match in the morning,” head coach Jeff Brown said. “We knew that UNO was a very good team after they had beaten UL-L for the first time a few weeks ago. It was a good one to get through with the limited energy that the guys had left from the match this morning. It was good for some of the guys to come through after having played a match in the heat earlier today.”
After falling behind, freshman pair Rafael Wagner and Eric Samuelsson pushed its match against Luis Albuquerque and Giacomo Adoncecchi into a tiebreaker, eventually working a 7-6(3) win to give LSU the 1-0 lead.
Freshman Eric Samuelsson had a dominating 6-1, 6-1 win against Adoncecchi on court six to push LSU to a 2-0 lead.
For only the second time this season, #41 Daigle competed on court two. The senior worked a 6-4, 6-3 win against Boscarino as LSU pulled away to a 3-0 advantage.
After dropping the first set, 6-4, Nikola Samardzic rebounded to defeat Kramer, 6-3, 6-1 on court four and clinch the match for the Tigers.
For up-to-date information and behind-the-scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men’s tennis team on Twitter and Instagram at @lsutennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.
April 15, 2017 UNO vs. LSU at Baton Rouge, La. (LSU Tennis Complex)
1. #71 Justin Butsch (LSU) vs. Jeffrey Hsu (UNO), no result
2. #41 Jordan Daigle (LSU) def. Federico Boscarino (UNO), 6-4, 6-3
3. Gabor Csonka (LSU) vs. Federico Staksrud (UNO), no result
4. Nikola Samardzic (LSU) def. Nicolas Kramer (UNO), 4-6, 6-3, 6-1
5. Agie Moreno (LSU) vs. Luis Albuquerque (UNO), no result
6. Eric Samuelsson (LSU) def. Giacomo Adoncecchi (UNO), 6-1, 6-1
1. #34 Jordan Daigle/Justin Butsch (LSU) def. Federico Boscarino/Federico Staksrud (UNO), 6-1
2. Jeffrey Hsu/Nicolas Kramer (UNO) def. Julian Saborio/Gabor Csonka (LSU), 7-6(4)
3. Rafael Wagner/Eric Samuelsson (LSU) def. Luis Albuquerque/Giacomo Adoncecchi (UNO), 7-6(3)
Order of Finish:
Singles: 6, 2, 4