To prepare for 2015-16 Tiger Girls Dance Team tryouts, LSU offers non-mandatory audition clinics in February and March. By attending one or more of these clinics, you will learn exactly what to expect when trying out for Tiger Girls. It's also open to any high schooler interested in trying out for a college dance team in the future. Check back in 2015 for exact dates and locations.
2014-15 Tryout Dates: April 5-6, 2014
Times approximate | Auditions Closed to the Public
Location: PMAC (Basketball Arena) WOMEN'S PRACTICE GYM.
Directions: From the Field House Parking lot looking at the Practice Facility and Shaquille O’Neal statue the entrance to the Women’s Basketball gym is to the left.
NOTE: Saturday is the LSU Football Spring game. Traffic around campus will be heavy. Allow extra time. Parking is best near the LSU Field House or Natatorium
DAY 1, Saturday April 5: 5-10 p.m. (Bring Snacks)
5 p.m. - Doors open for registration
5:30 p.m. - Stretch
6 p.m. - Across the floor technique
1. kicks (from the side)
4. turns (turn to face the front)
Approx. 7:30 or 8 p.m. – Everyone learn jazz dance & review fight song (Posted below)
9 p.m. – Technique cut called out
9:15 p.m. - Meet with girls who made cut make announcements
Day 2, Sunday April 6: (8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) (Bring snacks)
8:45 a.m. - Dancers report, check-in, draw number, pictures done
9 a.m. - Stretch
9:30-11 a.m. - Review jazz and jazz cut
Approx. 11 a.m. - Teach Hip Hop/ Review Fight Song
Approx. 12:30 or 1 p.m. – Cut based off Jazz and dismiss for lunch break: 1 hour
2 p.m. - final cut jazz, HH, Fight Song Hip Hop trick and Tumbling skill
4 p.m. - team squad meeting, announcements, read guidelines
NOTE: Anyone trying out for Golden Girls will be able to try out for Tiger Girls as well. Tiger Girl tryouts will be directly following Golden Girls tryouts. Should Golden Girls tryouts run over, we will get participants caught up.
Attire: Black bare midriff dance top, black hot shorts or, jazz shoes, hip hop pants, sneakers. Hair and makeup fixed game day style.
All participants must be currently enrolled or have applied to the University. Those currently enrolled at LSU must attach a copy of their spring schedule as well as degree audit showing overall cumulative GPA. Those with admissions pending must attach a copy of their admissions application and any paperwork they have received from the admissions office. Also an audit of grades to show GPA will be high enough to be accepted to LSU.
Freshman Admission Requirements
There are three factors that will be initially considered for admission to LSU (from LSU.edu):
- Incoming freshman must have at least a 3.0 academic gpa calculated from academic core courses.
- Students must also have completed at least 18 units of college-preparatory courses.
- Applicants must have a minimum of SAT score (critical reading and math) of 1030 or at least a composite ACT score of 22.
As the Flagship University of Louisiana, LSU does not offer any remedial courses; therefore, students must have an ACT English sub-score of at least 18 or an SAT critical reading score of at least 450. In order to be placed into college-level math, students must have an ACT math sub-score of at least 19 or an SAT math score of 460.
LSU does not require completion of the writing section on the ACT or SAT for general admission. However, students interested in being considered for admission to the LSU Honors College must submit writing scores.
Students not meeting the above requirements for automatic admission are still encouraged to apply. We can take other factors into account to predict your potential for success at LSU. Some of these factors may include: choice of degree program, rank in class, credit in advanced placement or honors courses, rigor of the high school curriculum, grade trends, extracurricular activities, and letters of recommendation. If you would like to appeal a decision, please contact our staff. We want to work with you to do everything possible to see you become part of the LSU family.
For further detailed information, please see the "Undergraduate Admissions & Student Aid" in the LSU General Catalog.
Visit www.lsu.edu/admissions for more details.
General Tryout Information
All of the following required forms are due the Wednesday prior to tryouts:
1. LSU Spirit Squad Application (under Related Links)
2. Copy of admissions letter to LSU
3. Copy of insurance card
4. Walk-on Physician Clearance Form (under Related Links)
5. Pre-Participation Medical History Form (under Related Links)
IMPORTANT: Tiger Girl tryout application forms must be received by the Wednesday prior to the audition.
Please mail to:
Pauline Zernott, Tiger Girl Auditions
LSU Athletics Administration Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- If you are under 18, your tryout application form MUST BE SIGNED by a parent or guardian in order to participate.
- Applicants must provide complete insurance information to participate in the clinics and tryouts.
- All portions of tryouts are closed to the public. Only applicants, coaching staff, and LSU athletic department staff will be allowed inside.
- Evaluators will consist of the coaching staff, spirit coordinator, and professional dance instructors. The purpose of the tryout is to choose the best all-around representatives for LSU.
- Generally, 18-22 dancers are chosen to make up the squad with the possibility of one or two alternates depending on the break in scores. At the end of the second day of auditions, numbers of the selected squad will be posted and new members are asked to remain for a brief meeting that will follow.