Thirty-Six on SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - LSU placed 36 student-athletes on the 2011 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll released Wednesday by the league office.
The football program headlined the list with 16 selections highlighted by safety Eric Reid, who was a 2011 Rivals.com All-American Second-Team and All-SEC Second-Team pick. He tied for the team lead with 76 tackles, including a career-best 10 stops versus Alabama during the BCS National Championship.
14 members of LSU's soccer team earned spots on the prestigious list as the program came away with a 13-8-1 record en route to the program's fourth SEC Western Division crown in the last five seasons. During her career, Allysha Chapman was a three-time All-SEC performer and became the first Tiger to secure SEC Co-Defender of the Year in 2011.
Six players from LSU's volleyball program made the list as the Tigers claimed their seventh consecutive SEC Western Division title since 2005. Among the honorees were Lauren Waclawczyk and Michele Williams, who joined the program's illustrious 1,000 career digs and kills, respectively. Off the court, Waclawczyk created and championed the "Geaux Books" program, which collected close to 3,000 books during the squad's 2011 home matches to replenish the library at Dufrocq Elementary School.
The 2011 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2011 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution's NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria should be followed:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.
2011 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
Name, Sport, Major
Alex Bonnette, Football, Civil Engineering
Taylor Debusk, Football, Biological Sciences
David Detz, Football, Biological Sciences
Travis Dickson, Football, Management
Ben Domingue, Football, International Trade & Finance
Seth Fruge, Football, Nutritional Sciences
DJ Howard, Football, Master's Business Administration
Mitch Joseph, Football, Sport Administration
Austin Kinchen, Football, Kinesiology
Hunter Kinchen, Football, Kinesiology
Eric Reid, Football, General Business
Nick Rice, Football, Finance
Alex Russian, Football, Master's Business Administration
Jason Slaydon, Football, Psychology
James Stampley, Football, Psychology
Chris Wells, Football, Biological Sciences
Nina Anderson, Soccer, Sport Administration
Carlie Banks, Soccer, Kinesiology
Jodi Calloway, Soccer, Kinesiology
Emily Cancienne, Soccer, Sport Administration
Allysha Chapman, Soccer, Biological Science
Addie Eggleston, Soccer, Communication Disorders
Natalie Ieyoub, Soccer International Studies
Mo Isom, Soccer, Broadcast Journalism
Megan Kinneman, Soccer, Sport Administration
Reyna Lubin, Soccer, Mass Communications
Nicole McLaughlin, Soccer, Kinesiology
Danielle Murphy, Soccer, Kinesiology
Kellie Murphy, Soccer, Kinesiology
Alex Ramsey, Soccer, Mass Communications
Victoria Jacobsen, Volleyball, Kinesiology
Madie Jones, Volleyball, Industrial Engineering
Shelby Pursley, Volleyball, Biological Engineering
Brittany Steele, Volleyball, Kinesiology
Lauren Waclawczyk, Volleyball, Business Management
Michele Williams, Volleyball, Elementary Education