LSU Mascot & Auditions
LSU Sports Interactive
- To request an LSU Spirit Squad for your event, click here.
Team Mike Tryout Schedule 2016-17
April 23 and 24, 2016
Saturday, April 23
8 a.m. – Registration LSU PMAC (NW entrance; lower)
8:30 a.m. – Start of Tryouts
- What to expect over the next couple of days
- Introduction to Mike
- Character building
- Mike’s walks (pregame and casual)
10:30 a.m. – First cuts
- Based off of “Mike’s Look”
11:30 a.m. – Meet Spirit Director; Go over what is expected from athletic department
12 p.m. – Lunch
1 p.m. – Learn more about Mike
- GameDay expectations
5 p.m. – Last questions and break for the next day
Sunday, April 24
8:30 a.m. – Registration
9 a.m. – Interviews
10 a.m. – Tryouts
11 a.m. – Expectations and go over contract
All of the following required forms are due the Wednesday prior to tryouts:
1. LSU Spirit Squad Application (under Related Links)
2. Copy of admissions letter to LSU
3. Copy of insurance card
4. Walk-on Physician Clearance Form (under Related Links)
5. Pre-Participation Medical History Form (under Related Links)
Being Mike the Tiger
Mike the Tiger is LSU's biggest fan!! When Mike isn't busy cheering on his fellow Tigers at all of our sporting events, he is around at various charity, promotional and campus events.
Team Mike is the group of students formed to take care of Mike and his busy schedule. As Mike is present at so many events annually, Team Mike consists of well-rounded students that are outgoing who can dedicate a large portion of their time and commit to an entire year of FUN!
For more information regarding Team Mike, contact the LSU Spirit Coordinator at email@example.com.
To easily find this page, visit www.LSUsports.net/mascot.