Updated at 5:42 p.m. Tuesday
BATON ROUGE – As of noon CT on Tuesday, plans for the Southeastern Conference men’s basketball game between LSU and Kentucky are still moving forward for the game to be played as scheduled at 8 p.m.
The nationally-televised contest on ESPN will be played at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center. The arena and all ticket operations are scheduled to open at 6:30 p.m.
Please note the following changes being made due to weather related issues:
- All ticketed patrons are encouraged to enter the arena at the ground level at one of three entrances: northwest, southwest, or southeast
- All eligible LSU students will be encouraged to enter the arena at the lower southeast entrance
- All ticket sales and will call distribution will take place at the main LSU Ticket Office, located on the first floor of the Athletics Administration Building, located on the corner of South Stadium Dr. and West Stadium Dr., across the street from the LSU SportShop
- The special assistance elevator, located on ground level at the southeast corner of the Maravich Center, will be operational for fans who need help accessing the upper levels of the arena
- Due to reduced university personnel, reserved parking will be unavailable. Parking will be free, first-come, first-serve for all fans. Parking shuttles will also be unavailable.
- Street access through campus is limited today. Fans are encouraged to approach campus on the west side.
- Fans attending tonight's game are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance at LSUtix.net and select the Print-at-Home or Mobile Smartphone delivery option to avoid waiting in long lines.
LSU Athletics personnel, school officials and the SEC will continue to monitor the situation, and encourage all fans to be cautious and safe while traveling. Further information will be released here as it becomes available.
Additionally, LSU Baseball Media Day will not be held on Wednesday. Rather, the annual media event will take place Friday, Jan. 31, starting with a 12:30 p.m. press conference streamed live in the Geaux Zone on LSUsports.net.
LSU's live Internet-only show, Tiger Talk, has been postponed from Tuesday and will be streamed at 11:30 a.m. CT on Thursday. This month's show features Baseball Head Coach Paul Mainieri along with Softball Head Coach Beth Torina.
The Nikki Caldwell Show presented by Capital One Bank and aired live from TJ Ribs in Baton Rouge scheduled for Tuesday at 7 p.m. CT has been canceled.
Please visit LSUsports.net and LSU's official social media outlets for further updates as these become available.