Sand Volleyball Comes Up Short Against C of C
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The LSU sand volleyball team fell 3-2 to the College of Charleston in its first road match Friday at the Gamecock Invitational.
"We did take another step forward, but really need to understand what it means to truly compete in the sand," associate head coach Russell Brock said. "Tomorrow will be a big test to see if we have the ability to rise to the mental challenge."
Catey Warren and Kari Fidelhotlz of the College of Charleston took the first point of the day with a 21-14, 21-18 win on court four over Malorie Pardo and Mimi Eugene.
With all eyes on court two, Kaitlin Hatcher and Helen Boyle fought back from a 21-15 first set loss. Despite overcoming multiple match points, the duo eventually fell 27-25 to Cara Howley and Melissa Morello.
The Lady Tigers will face two competitors Saturday, taking on Oregon at 12:30 p.m. CT and South Carolina at 6:00 p.m. CT.
For the latest information on LSU sand volleyball, follow the Lady Tigers on Twitter and Instagram @LSUsandVB and @RussLSUsand and at www.Facebook.com/LSUsandVB.
2014 Gamecock Invitational
Columbia, S.C. – University of South Carolina
LSU vs. College of Charleston
1. Meghan Mannari and Katie Lindelow (LSU) def. Darcy Dorton and Emily Neideffer (C of C) 21-16, 21-16.
2. Cara Howley and Melissa Morello (C of C) def. Kaitlin Hatcher and Helen Boyle (LSU) 21-15, 27-25.
3. Victoria Boraski and Cati Leak (LSU) def. Sloane White and Andi Zbojniewicz (C of C) 21-16, 21-18.
4. Catey Warren and Kari Fidelhotlz (C of C) def. Malorie Pardo and Mimi Eugene (LSU) 21-14, 21-18.
5. Maddie Hills and Callie McKown (C of C) def. Emma Hiller and Katarina Raicevic (LSU) 21-16, 21-16.
LSU vs. Oregon 12:30 p.m. CT
LSU vs. South Carolina 6:00 p.m. CT
LSU vs. Mercer 9:15 a.m. CT