Portion of River Rd. Closure to Impact Football Traffic
Assoc. Athletic Director/Communications
BATON ROUGE - The closure of a portion of River Road south of Brightside Drive will have an impact on traffic flow following LSU's football games against Western Kentucky this Saturday and Arkansas on November 25.
River Road (La. 327) south of Brightside Drive will be closed between Ben Hur Road and Trinity Lane for approximately four months due to repairs to the levee at Duncan Point by the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Pontchartrain Levee District.
- All vehicles traveling south on River Road following the games will be forced to make a left turn onto Brightside Drive. Vehicles will then travel to Nicholson Drive where they may turn southbound onto Nicholson.
- Vehicles in the Hayfield Lot on Gourrier Avenue will be forced to exit east bound on Gourrier toward Nicholson Drive. Vehicles will not be allowed to travel west on Gourrier toward River Road.
- The intersection at Gourrier Avenue and River Road will be closed. No vehicles on River Road will be allowed to turn onto Gourrier Avenue.
- Traffic patterns on Skip Bertman Drive and River Road will remain the same.
- There will be no change in the exit patterns for the Levee Lots on River Road.
- There will be no contraflow on River Road going south from Gourrier to Brightside.