Twenty-Five on SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – LSU placed 25 student-athletes on the 2013 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll released Thursday by the league office.
Eight LSU football players earned selections which includes junior placekicker James Hairston and linebacker Seth Fruge. Hairston, a kickoff specialist, finished the 2013 season with 45 touchbacks which tied for 10th nationally. He handled all 86 kickoffs for LSU this past season, averaging 63.2 yards per kickoff. Fruge, who graduated in December with a degree in Nutrition and Food Sciences, played in 47 games and recorded 10 tackles over his career. He earned the 2013 Charles Coates Award as the top student-athlete on the football team.
LSU’s soccer team tied its program record with 14 players on the honor roll highlighted by senior goalkeeper Megan Kinneman and senior midfielder Alex Ramsey. Kinneman ended her collegiate career as LSU’s school-record holder with 248 saves fueled by 117 saves during her sophomore year. Ramsey’s 81 starts ranks tied for fifth in program history and her 83 career appearances ranks ninth on LSU’s all-time career list.
Volleyball had three of its players listed on the honor roll as the Tigers returned to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since the 2010 season. Haley Smith became the fifth player in program history to amass 500 digs during a single season, while her 3.97 digs per set ranked seventh on the SEC leaderboard. Helen Boyle was one of four players to average over 2.00 kills per set and picked up a trio of double-doubles over her final three matches last season.
The 2013 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2013 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution’s NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria should be followed:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
LSU Student-Athletes on SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
Name - Sport - Major
Colby Delahoussaye – Football – General Business
Seth Fruge – Football – Nutrition
James Hairston – Football – Finance
Jamie Keehn – Football – Sport Administration
Chris LaBorde – Football – Kinesiology
Tommy LeBeau – Football – Mechanical Engineering
Grant Leger – Football – Sport Administration
Christian Pittman – Football – Sociology
Nina Anderson – Soccer – Sport Administration
Alex Arlitt – Soccer – Accounting
Jodi Calloway – Soccer – Sport Administration
Gracie Campbell – Soccer – Kinesiology
Addie Eggleston – Soccer – Communication Disorders
Haley Emerson – Soccer – Sport Administration
Megan Kinneman – Soccer – Sport Administration
Heather Magee – Soccer – Marketing
Mariel McLaughlin – Soccer – Biology
Nicole McLaughlin – Soccer – Kinesiology
Danielle Murphy – Soccer – Kinesiology
Fernanda Pina – Soccer – Studio Art
Alex Ramsey – Soccer – Broadcast Journalism
Tori Sample – Soccer – Nutrition & Food Science
Helen Boyle – Volleyball – Accounting
Katie Lindelow – Volleyball – Sport Administration
Haley Smith – Volleyball – Finance