BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - LSU placed 32 student-athletes on the 2012 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll released Thursday by the league office.
Headlining the list is the football program with 15 selections, including linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Minter, who earned the team lead in tackles with 130 in the 2012-13 season and was named Defensive MVP of the Chick-fil-A Bowl against Clemson.
LSU's soccer team highlighted 12 members that made the list, which featured recently graduated Carlie Banks. In her four seasons as a Tiger, she made 72 starts in 87 career appearances, which tied her for the No. 6 spot on LSU's all-time list for games played.
Five players from LSU's volleyball program made the prestigious list headed by Madie Jones, a two-time pick to the All-SEC Second-Team. In addition to being president of LSU's SAAC, she became the 19th player in program history to suprass 1,000 career kills in 2012.
The 2012 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2011 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution's NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria should be followed:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.
Below is a complete list of SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll recipients.
LSU - Sport - Major
Logan Boudreaux - Football - Accounting
Chase Clement - Football - Interdisciplinary Studies
Cleveland Davis - Football - Sports Administration
Ben Domingue - Football - International Trade & Finance
Josh Dworaczyk - Football - Sports Administration
Seth Fruge - Football - Nutritional Science
James Hairston - Football - Finance
Grant Leger - Football - Kinesiology
Kevin Minter - Football - Sports Administration
Eric Reid - Football - Business Management
Nick Rice - Football - Finance
Jason Slaydon - Football - Psychology
Clay Spencer - Football - Civil Engineering
Paul Turner - Football - Accounting
Tabari Williams - Football - Computer Science
Nina Anderson - Women's Soccer - Sports Administration
Alex Arlitt - Women's Soccer - Accounting
Carlie Banks - Women's Soccer - Kinesiology
Bonnie Campbell - Women's Soccer - Kinesiology
Emily Cancienne - Women's Soccer - Sports Administration
Natalie Ieyoub - Women's Soccer - International Studies
Megan Kinneman - Women's Soccer - Sports Administration
Shannon McLain - Women's Soccer - Sports Administration
Nicole McLaughlin - Women's Soccer - Sports Administration
Danielle Murphy - Women's Soccer - Kinesiology
Alex Ramsey - Women's Soccer - Mass Communication
Tori Sample - Women's Soccer - Nutritional Science
Sam Delahoussaye - Volleyball - Interdisciplinary Studies
Victoria Jacobsen - Volleyball - Kinesiology
Madie Jones - Volleyball - Industrial Engineering
Angela Peyton - Volleyball - Kinesiology
Haley Smith - Volleyball - Business Management