Football Parking Update and Clarification
BATON ROUGE - Several media outlets last week reported there would be an increase in the cost of parking passes for LSU football games this fall. Some of the reports were accurate, others were erroneous or misleading. Please note the following:
- There is no increase in cost for fans with renewable season parking passes.
- The 2012 season will mark the fifth straight year there is no increase in cost for renewable season parking.
- Of the 8300-plus reserved spaces on campus, only 550 are affected in any way. That means 93 percent of the spaces on campus remain unchanged in cost.
- Free parking remains unchanged in the Levee Lots on River Road and the Hayfield Lot on Gourrier Avenue.
- Game-to-game parking established last season on campus east of Tiger Stadium will remain at $40 per vehicle per game and $50 per trailer per game.
2011 Football Parking Map (subject to change)
Changes to parking charges for this fall apply to only four lots, or 7 percent of the total number of paid parking spaces on the LSU campus:
LOT M and ALEX BOX WEST
Game day Handicap Parking (first-come, first-served and free) is being moved from Lot M near the Dub Robinson Tennis Stadium to the Alex Box West Lot. There are two reasons: (1) the number of available parking spaces will increase from 120 to more than 200; (2) Although it is farther from the football stadium, LSU can provide better handicap shuttle access from the south side of the stadium than from the north side of the stadium due to the player walk and band march down North Stadium Drive.
The Alex Box West Lot has ample shade for tailgating and Alex Box Stadium concession stands and restrooms are open on football game days for tailgaters.
LSU is now offering non-renewable parking passes to season ticket holders in Lot M. There are 120 spaces in this lot and the cost is $800 per car per year.
LSU is also now offering RV parking for 30 spaces in the Alex Box West Lot for $2000 per RV per year.
THOMAS BOYD HALL LOT
The Thomas Boyd Hall Lot was the least used and last to fill up of the lots designated for game-to-game parking last year. This lot is being converted from a game-to-game lot to a non-renewable season reserved lot to accommodate the many fans who are requesting access to season parking passes. There are 125 spaces in this lot and the cost of a season pass is $600 per car per year.
OLD ALEX BOX LOT
The price of passes in the Old Alex Box lot will increase from $600 to $800 for the 215 available automobile parking spaces and from $3000 to $4000 for the 60 available RV parking spaces.
Note: Renewable season parking passes are those that are issued to fans who renew each year and who receive an invoice each spring for payment. Non-renewable season parking passes those that are issued each year based on requests and based on LSU Priority Point ranking, so the owners of those passes may differ from year to year.