To easily find this page, visit www.LSUsports.net/springgame.
BATON ROUGE -- Zach Mettenberger will take the field as LSU's starting quarterback for the first time on Saturday as the junior-to-be will lead the White squad against the Purple team in the annual National L-Club Spring Game presented by Tony Chachere's here in Tiger Stadium.
Saturday's game will be broadcast on the LSU Sports Radio Network (104.5 FM locally) with Jim Hawthorne, Doug Moreau, and Gordy Rush on the call. The game will also be broadcast in Spanish on 105.5 FM in the Baton Rouge area. Airtime for the broadcast is 1 p.m.
Prior to the start of the contest, LSU will celebrate its 2011 Southeastern Conference Championship with a ceremony beginning at 12:30 p.m. Kickoff will follow and admission to the game is free with all seating being general admission.
The pre-game ceremony will also recognize head coach Les Miles for winning three national coach of the year honors, including the prestigious AP award; Tyrann Mathieu for being named the Bednarik Award winner as the nation's top defensive player; and Morris Claiborne for winning the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back.
LSU Spring GameDay Info
National L Club Spring Game sponsored by Tony Chachere's
Admission is FREE to the spring game, SEC Championship Celebration and Fan Fest.
Times of Interest
9 a.m. - Noon
Other times of Interest:
|Enter to Win Prizes|
|To enter, click here to print and
complete this form, then drop it
at the gate as you enter the
stadium. Prizes listed below.
|Spring Game Parking Map|
The format for Saturday's contest will have the Tigers playing a game in the first half followed by a running clock with game-like situations in the second half.
The White squad will feature mainly first and third-teamers, while the Purple squad will be made up of those players running with the second unit.
"It will be a game that we expect the players to go out and make plays," Miles said. "We are going to put them in position to make plays. We look forward to seeing how they have developed this spring and this will give us a chance to see what our team may look like on Saturday's going forward.
"We have had a really good spring up to this point. I like the progress that we have made through our 14 practice sessions. It's important that we build on what we accomplished this spring as we head into our summer conditioning program."
Other activities on campus that day include the LSU softball team hosting Arkansas at 4 p.m. at Tiger Park followed by the Tiger baseball team hosting the Razorbacks at 7 p.m. at Alex Box Stadium.
Prizes to be given away at the Spring Game:
- Tony Chachere's kooizes given to first 2,000 fans upon entry
- Ten (10) Tony Chachere's tailgate sets drawn from RTW entries
- Two (2) tickets to LSU-Alabama given to the winner of halftime contest
- One (1) ultimate tailgate experience hosted by Tony Chachere's for the winner of the halftime contest (contestants drawn from RTW entires)
- Two (2) pre-game field passes for Spring Game drawn from RTW entries, courtesy of Tony Chachere's
- One Thousand (1,000) Taco Bell koozies to random fans upon entry
- Ten (10) Taco Bell gift cards valued at $10 each drawn from RTW entries
- Four (4) Academy Sports + Outdoors gift cards valued at $50 each drawn from RTW entries