BATON ROUGE - LSU has issued a reminder concerning various elements of football game day parking and traffic in preparation for Saturday's game against Alabama which will kick off at 2:30 p.m.
Because of the early start time for this week's game, fans are encouraged to arrive at campus early. Pregame traffic is likely to be heavier than for a normal night game.
Fans with parking passes are reminded to always keep their parking passes in view by hanging them on the review mirror.
For southbound traffic on Nicholson Drive prior to the game, vehicles with parking passes should drive in the left hand lane, as well as limousines, taxi cabs and buses. Vehicles in the left hand lane will be directed straight at Roosevelt Street. Vehicles without parking passes should drive in the right hand lane which will be directed to turn right at Roosevelt Street to River Road.
For northbound traffic on Burbank Avenue prior to the game, vehicles with parking passes should drive in the right hand lane, as well as limousines, taxi cabs and buses. Vehicles in the right hand lane will be directed to turn right onto Nicholson Drive. Vehicles without parking passes should drive in the left hand lane which will be directed onto Gourrier Avenue toward free public parking.
Limousines are not permitted into any reserved lot except the Bus Lot on Nicholson Drive near the Tiger Park softball stadium. Limousines must have a parking permit to be admitted to the Bus Lot. Parking passes may be purchased for $100 each through the LSU Athletic Ticket Office at 225-578-2184. Limousines without parking passes will be directed to free parking lots on River Road.
Other reminders include:
- Fans should beware of counterfeit tickets which are common for major sporting events such as Saturday's game between two Top 10 teams. Fans should only purchase tickets from family or close personal friends or the LSU Ticket Marketplace at www.LSUsports.net. Tickets can be authenticated by taking them to the LSU Ticket Office.
- Zatarain's Tiger One Village, LSU's hospitality and entertainment village in front of the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, will feature local favorite Cowboy Mouth, who will begin performing at 10 a.m.
- The LSU football team will arrive on Victory Hill at approximately 12:25 p.m. and the Tiger Band will march down the hill at approximately 12:45 p.m.
- The gates to the Club Level and Suites open at 11:30 a.m.
- The LSU student gates open at 11:45 and students are encouraged to enter the stadium early to avoid long lines. The remaining gates around Tiger Stadium open at Noon.