Team Member - Game Marshal/Ticket Takers
LSU Athletics – Game/Event Management
The LSU Experience
The LSU Athletics Department hires part-time temporary employees - "Event Staff Team Members" to work all home athletic and special events. LSU Event Management and the Event Staff Team strive for superior customer service to ensure all guests receive a safe and enjoyable experience. All Team members must be dedicated to service and support, while working together to operationalize the principle event management philosophies of the LSU Athletic Department and the University.
EVENT STAFF TEAM MEMBER JOB SUMMARY:
All Team Members will be responsible for engaging guests and working to resolve customer complaints/issues, monitoring general fan behavior, and assisting with overall crowd control. Team Members will monitor entries, exits, secure areas, scan and exam tickets, and check credentials. All Event Staff will be required to learn the facility amenities, provide directional information to unfamiliar guests, and adhere to LSU Athletic Department & Event Management policies and procedures.
Event Staff Team Members are paid via lump sum payment at the end of the season. Pay rate for team members is $8.00 per hour, with a 3 hour minimum for events scheduled to work.
Event Staff Team Members will be expected to possess the following qualities:
- Positive Attitude: Only you control your attitude - commit to your job and providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of Environment: Using the tools and training materials provided to assist customers will allow each guest to feel relaxed and comfortable.
- Respect for Others: Always treat others the way you wish to be treated. Care for others and their situation.
- Anticipation of Situation: Choose to act and react to situations while being attentive at all times - "If you see something, say something."
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Able to communicate in English
- Must be in good physical and mental health
- Must have customer service skills
- Ability to stand/remain at post for long periods of time
- Able to tolerate variable weather conditions
- Able to withstand environment with loud crowd noise
APPLY NOW!!! -- LSU Athletics is now accepting applications for those interested in working the Bayou Country Superfest and 2013 LSU Football.
Click here (.pdf) to download and print the application.
LSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER
Any questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 225-578-4085