Published: May 21, 2009, 12:00 AM (CT)
Updated: October 29, 2009, 03:21 AM (CT)
by LSUsports.net (@LSUsports), LSU Sports Interactive
LSU students are not required to use the online transfer process to exchange tickets with another student (although they may use it if they wish). Students can simply give their student ticket to any other student to use provided that the student accepting the transferred ticket presents their most recent valid LSU ID at the Tiger Stadium student entrance and meets the following criteria:
- Be registered as a full time student
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Student Priority Points will be given to the student who actually uses the ticket to attend the game, not the student whose name appears on the tickets.
Online Transfer Process (Not Required)
To transfer a student ticket to a fellow student, log into your Student Account via LSUsports.net. To find this link, click on "Student Tickets" under the "Tickets" menu, or visit www.lsusports.net/studenttickets. Once on the Student Tickets homepage, click "Login Now."
1. Once logged into your student ticket account, click on the "My Account" link from the left navigation.
2. Click on the "Transfer Tickets / Items or Cancel Transfers" link.
3. Click on the “Transfer” link for the game you would like to transfer.
4. Select the ticket you would like to transfer by checking the “Transfer” box next to your ticket location. (The location of the ticket is meaningless except for reserved seats. Reserved seat sections are: 104, 105, 106, 221, 222, & 223)
5. Fill in the name and PAWS e-mail address of the student you would like to transfer your ticket to. Then select if you or the recipient will be paying the $2.00 charge. If you will be paying the charge, add your credit card information. If the recipient will be paying the charge, simply select "Recipient" and then "Submit."
6. Click the “Sign Out” button to complete the transfer.
7. Your transfer request has been completed. An e-mail is then sent automatically to the transfer recipient’s PAWS e-mail address. The student then has 24 hours to accept the transfer. If it is not accepted in that timeframe, the ticket will revert back to your account.
8. To cancel a transfer, return to Step 2 and use the "Cancel Transfer" option, if the recipient has not already accepted the transfer.
Accepting a Transferred Ticket
1. Transfer recipients will receive an e-mail that includes a link to accept the transfer. The subject line of the email will read “LSU Student Ticket Transfer Invitation.” Open your PAWS e-mail, find the e-mail and click on the link.
2. Enter your PAWS email address in the appropriate field and click the “Accept” button.
3. Sign In to your student ticket account using your email address or social security number and password, or click the “register here” link if you have never used the LSU online student ticketing system before.
4. There is a $2 fee associated with this transfer, if not paid by the sender. You will be required to pay this fee to proceed. If so, enter a valid credit card and click "Check Out"
5. You will then receive and email containing your transferred ticket attached to it in the form of a “Print-at-Home” PDF document. Open the email and print out the ticket.
Important notes about transfers
1. A student ticket can only be transferred one time. Transferred tickets cannot be transferred again.
2. Student tickets purchased on Ticket Marketplace are not able to be transferred online.
3. Transferred tickets can only be accepted by LSU students who are:
Full time status for the fall semester
Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
Have all fees paid
4. Adobe Reader version 4.0 or greater is required to open the transferred ticket attachment
5. The deadline to accept a student transfer is 6 hours prior to kickoff on game day.