Men's Tennis Travels to Auburn on Sunday
AUBURN, Ala. – The LSU men’s tennis team travels to Alabama to take on No. 36 Auburn at the Yarbrough Tennis Center at 1 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
LSU (7-6, 0-3 SEC) leads the series with Auburn (12-5, 2-1, SEC) with a 31-16 overall record. When the two teams met in 2013, LSU fell to Auburn 5-2 at Dub Robinson Stadium.
“This will be a great test for our team,” said LSU head coach Jeff Brown. “Auburn has a good team, and they are better on their own courts.”
LSU comes into the match after splitting a doubleheader on Friday. The Tigers lost a hard-fought 4-3 fight against No. 38 Alabama, but bounced back to defeat Alcorn St. 6-0. Auburn comes into the match after defeating No. 67 Arkansas 4-3 on Friday.
For LSU, junior Chris Simpson is ranked No. 109 in singles, and he and partner sophomore Boris Arias are ranked No. 20 in doubles. Auburn has three ranked singles players. Lukas Ollert, Dan Cochrane and Dante Saleh are ranked at No. 118, No. 119 and No. 120, respectively.
For up-to-date information and behind the scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men’s tennis team on Twitter and Instagram at @lsutennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.
1. Dan Cochrane/Oliver Plaskett vs. #20 Chris Simpson/Boris Arias
2. Lukas Ollert/Dennis Lengsfeld vs. Tam Trinh/
3. Dante Saleh/Joseph Van Dooren
1. #118 Lukas Ollert vs. #109 Chris Simpson
2. #119 Dan Cochrane vs. Boris Arias
3. Dennis Lengsfeld vs. Andrew Korinek
4. Joseph Van Dooren vs. Tam Trinh
5. Petar Tomic vs. Justin Butsch
6. #120 Dante Saleh vs. Harrison Kennedy