BATON ROUGE, La. – The LSU men’s tennis team hosts a Friday doubleheader in Baton Rouge with the No. 38 Alabama Crimson Tide and Alcorn State Braves.
The Alabama match will begin at 1 p.m. at Dub Robinson Stadium and the match with Alcorn St. will begin at 6 p.m. at the Manship YMCA on Perkins Road.
“This will be a high energy, competitive college match,” said LSU head coach Jeff Brown. “The two teams are evenly matched, and we know each other well.”
LSU (6-5, 0-2 SEC) comes into the match after a hard-fought weekend of SEC play against two top 25 teams. The Tigers finished 1-3 on the weekend after losses to No. 25 Kentucky and No. 14 Vanderbilt and a victory against the University of New Orleans.
Alabama (7-6, 1-1 SEC) comes into the match after a 4-2 win at Ole Miss on Sunday following a 4-3 loss at No. 16 Mississippi State on Friday.
LSU has the No. 20 doubles team in junior Chris Simpson and sophomore Boris Arias, while Simpson is ranked No. 109 in singles. Alabama’s Daniil Proskura is ranked No. 17 in singles and Becker O’Shaughnessey is No. 75.
According to the SEC projected lineups, Simpson will compete against No. 17 Proskura on court one, which will be the third top 20 singles competitor for Simpson in three SEC matches.
For up-to-date information and behind the scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men’s tennis team on Twitter and Instagram at @lsutennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.
1. #17 Daniil Proskura (ALA) vs. #109 Chris Simpson (LSU)
2. #75 Becker O'Shaughnessy (ALA) vs. Boris Arias (LSU)
3. Nikko Madregallejo (ALA) vs. Andrew Korinek (LSU)
4. Stuart Kenyon (ALA) vs. Tam Trinh (LSU)
5. Sean Donohue (ALA) vs. Justin Butsch (LSU)
6. Saxon Buehning (ALA) vs. Harrison Kennedy (LSU)
1. Becker O'Shaughnessy/Daniil Proskura (ALA) vs. Boris Arias/Chris Simpson (LSU)
2. Hayes Brewer/Sean Donohue (ALA) vs. Justin Butsch/Tam Trinh (LSU)
3. Andrew Goodwin/Stuart Kenyon (ALA) vs. Eric Perez/Andrew Korinek (LSU)