BATON ROUGE, La. – The LSU men’s tennis team will host No. 14 Vanderbilt on Sunday at noon at Dub Robinson Stadium.
LSU (6-4, 0-1 SEC) looks to get its first win in SEC play and avenge its 4-1 loss to the Commodores during the ITA Kickoff Weekend in Nashville in January. LSU split its doubleheader on Friday with a 5-2 loss to No. 25 Kentucky and a 7-0 victory over the University of New Orleans.Vanderbilt (9-2, 1-0 SEC) is coming off of a 7-0-road victory at No. 66 Arkansas on Friday night.
There three total rematches on Sunday. Sophomore Harrison Kennedy will take on Vandy’s Jeff Offerdahl for the second time this season. Last time out, the match between the two was tied at 3 in the first set but went unfinished after Vanderbilt clinched the win.
Junior Chris Simpson is projected to compete against his second top-15 ranked opponent of the weekend when he matches up with No. 15 Gonzales Austin on court one. Last time out, Simpson fell in a three-set fight.
In doubles, it will be a rematch for No. 20 Simpson and partner Boris Arias and No. 5 Ryan Lipman and partner Austin on court one. Last time out, Lipman and Austin finished with a 6-4 victory.
1) No. 5 Ryan Lipman/Gonzales Austin vs. No. 20 Chris Simpson/Boris Arias
2) Rhys Johnson/Smith vs. Tam Trinh/Justin Butsch
3) Anton Kovrigin/Jeff Offerdahl vs. Eric Perez/Andrew Korinek
1) No. 15 AJ Austin vs. No. 109 Chris Simpson
2) No. 122 Ryan Lipman vs. Borias Arias
3) Rhys Johnson vs. Andrew Korinek
4) Kris Yee vs. Tam Trinh
5) Anton Kovrigin vs. Justin Butsch
6) Jeff Offerdahl vs. Harrison Kennedy
For up-to-date information and behind the scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men's team on Twitter and Instagram @LSUTennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.