BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - LSU had 29 student-athletes garner 2010 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll status Wednesday as released by the league office.
The Tiger football team sparked the list with 15 honorees after completing an 11-2 season with a No. 8 national ranking. Among the honorees were Josh Dworaczyk and Daniel Graff. Dworaczyk has reeled off 26 consecutive starts at left guard, while Graff paced LSU with 19 tackles on special teams in 2010.
Nine players from LSU's soccer team made the list highlighted by Allysha Chapman, an NSCAA All-South Region Third-Team and All-SEC First-Team performer in 2010. She anchored a back line that tied a school record for fewest goals allowed in a season with 16.
Five members of LSU's volleyball squad earned spots on the honor roll as the program came away with a 25-5 record en route to its sixth straight SEC Western Division crown and NCAA Tournament selection. Brittney Johnson, an AVCA All-South Region Honorable Mention pick and SEC's leader in assists per set, was instrumental to LSU's offense as the Tigers rank among the NCAA Top 25 in assists per set (13.28), kills per set (14.35) and hitting percentage (.260).
The 2010 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2010 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
Any student-athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution's NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria should be followed:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letterwinner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.
2010 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
Player, Sport, Major
Alex Bonnette, Football, Mechanical Engineering
Tayler Debusk, Football, Biological Sciences
David Detz, Football, Biological Sciences
Ben Domingue, Football, Undeclared
Richard Dugas, Football, Management
Josh Dworaczyk, Football, General Studies
Zach Elkins, Football, Construction Management
Seth Fruge, Football, Nutrition
Daniel Graff, Football, General Studies
DJ Howard, Football, Management
Austin Kinchen, Football, Biological Sciences
T.C. McCartney, Football, Sport Administration
Jordan Newell, Football, Biological Sciences
Jonathan Nixon, Football, Sport Administration
Alex Russian, Football, Sport Administration
Courtney Alexander, Soccer, Kinesiology
Carlie Banks, Soccer, Kinesiology
Allysha Chapman, Soccer, Biological Sciences
Natalie Ieyoub, Soccer, International Studies
Mo Isom, Soccer, Mass Communication
Hannah Jobe, Soccer, Sport Administration
Kellie Murphy, Soccer, Kinesiology
Amy Porter, Soccer, Kinesiology
Alex Ramsey, Soccer, Mass Communication
Victoria Jacobsen, Volleyball, Kinesiology
Brittney Johnson, Volleyball, Accounting
Madie Jones, Volleyball, Industrial Engineering
Tania Schatow, Volleyball, Kinesiology
Lauren Waclawczyk, Volleyball, Management